Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Salmon steaks, pineapple, and asparagus

Delicious!


On Saturday, Simon and I took advantage of a luxury that we will soon cease to have...a backyard and a grill. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner of salmon steaks, pineapple, and asparagus.

The salmon marinated for two hours in a mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, evvo, and water, after being spiced with lemon pepper, and garlic powder. I really believe that marinating the fish made it stay super juicy during and after grilling. We grilled it with the skin on which kept the fat close to the fish, which also probably prevented the steaks from drying out.

The pineapple was freshly cut and just thrown on the grill naked. I really do like breaking down pineapples...it's really messy and a lot of fun.

The asparagus was given a generous coating of oil, salt, and pepper and were grilled for only a few minutes, but boy were they delicious.

The whole thing cost about $20 at the store, and Simon and I each got about two meals from it, amounting for 4 delicious, healthy, and filling dinners running about $5 each...that is pretty amazing if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment