Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Spectacular part 1


That's right, Christmas Spectacular!

I really love Christmas Trees, like super duper adore them. Unfortunately, I haven't had one since I left for college...oh..say..roughly 5-6 years ago. Now that we have our own place I was so excited to get a tree (!), but then I thought about it and realized we do not have the space for a full sized tree. I spent some time super bummed and then Simon suggested we get a tiny fake one and it will be our own until we get a larger place. So we did and I love it!

We had some red Christmas ornaments and some silver spirals and a fat headed snowman, but nothing altogether colorful. That's when I decided to make wet felted garland!

I bought the wool above from a store on etsy. It is really bright and soft and gorgeous.

We then set forth and made a gigantic mess. Once the balls are wrapped dry, we had to soak them in hot soapy water and roll, roll, roll until all was felted:


Some turned out better than others but eventually we made balls out of all of the wool. Here are a few along the way:



Hours later we strung them onto some black embroidery floss and placed it on the tree! We didn't have quite enough to loop it all around the tree, but Simon managed to cross it back and forth across the front to make the most of what we had.



So pretty, so happy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment