Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catching Up

I've been the worst blogger recently. I swear it's just because I've been insanely busy.

I've been doing secret wedding crafts that won't be fully revealed until after the big day:


We've been packing for our move to the new apartment in August:


Also, I've joined a gym and have been really focusing on getting myself into shape.

As any healthy person knows, you have to eat healthy in addition to exercising to make any sort of difference. So, Simon and I made a delicious dinner the other night which involved a new cooking technique - baking tofu.

I am no stranger to tofu, I ate a lot of it when I was vegetarian and Simon and I still make it every once in a while. In the past we've always marinated it and then fried the tofu in some oil (sort of defeating the whole healthy eating aspect of eating tofu). But the other night I found this recipe. I have to say, baking tofu resulted in a very nice texture. The marinade was a little salty (as the reviews state), but overall I feel as though this was a success.


We marinated the tofu over night and then set it out in a single layer in a baking pan (can you see how uneven our countertops are by the marinade pooling to one side? - awesomesauce).  The tofu baked at 325 for a little under an hour, turning the tofu halfway through. I may bake it a little more next time.


With about 15 minutes left on the tofu Simon started a quick stir-fry consisting of snap peas, bell peppers, yellow squash, and onions. 


Put the two together and voila! A delicious, healthy, and surprisingly filling dinner.

I'll definitely keep baking tofu. The marinade was fine, but nothing too special, so I'll probably keep looking for other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment