Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Home Sewing Machine 532

Now this is one damn fine sewing machine:

This baby formerly belonged to my Aunt Betty Anne, then found its way to my Aunt Dianne, and has now found a new cozy home in my office. It is a beast. Pure steel attached to a large fold-up cabinet/work station complete with a really awesome knee pedal instead of foot pedal. And most amazingly, my aunts kept the original manual that came with the machine - which has come in very handy as threading this big boy is a complex task.


Check out the fold-out parts list and the massive list of pieces below:


I've played around on the machine a bit. I altered a dress that no longer fit, sewed a pillow cover for a pillow form I had laying around, and have begun a quilted pot holder as I come into scrap pieces from other projects.

Upcoming posts:
-Curtains! I just bought some yellow fabric today to make some uniquely shaped curtains for our super large living room window.
-Hat! Among other gifts, Simon's mom gave me a coupon for yarnbazaar.com where I bought some circular needles in order to knit myself a new winter hat. I love my current hat, but it's very old and has begun to look really ratty....
-Meatballs! Simon and I made some homemade meatball subs today and they were delish. I have pictures on my phone but the meatballs made me so warm and comfy that I am just too lazy to transfer them to the computer right now.

2 comments:

  1. Are you willing to sell me a PDF manual, please. My husband got me one today and it came with the case but I have no idea how to use it. My email address is ariadnaeve@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete